- mohammed fayed...time for the looney bin me thinks!!
- a long time ago I had my cello lovingly restored at an intrument repair shop in Skipton, what was it called, where are they now?? and where would I go to find an instrument maker in yorkshire??
- At Snaegill estate what sort of jobs are there?
- Ann Summers wanting models must be flexible, work nights and have a good sense of humour.
- I went for a walk this morning 18/02 and called at the newsagents for a morning paper.The shop a concrete ramp for wheelchairs, which had a small patch of ice at its approach.I reported this to the owner who informed me that if they put salt down and the miss a small area and a person slips they can be sued.She told me that if it was left untreated it was an act of God.Is she right?It was not a local shop
- so anybody tried out subway yet ???
- What are the best websites for holiday deals?
I normally try lastminute.com or teletext holidays
- MISSING DOG
I am asking for everyones help in regards to my dog, Bobby, who went missing on 16.02.08 at 10am aproximately. He is a golden retriever and is 5 years old and has been neutered. He was outside playing in our garden with our other dog when a hot air balloon started to take off and it scared them both so they both ran back towards the house and thats the last we saw of him. Unfortunately because he was only in our garden he didn't have his collar on and isn't micro chipped. He is a medium sized dog and is a medium weight and is quite hairy! We all miss him so much & Harvey, our other dog is lost without him. We are offering a reward of £1,000 for his safe return. If anyone has any information or can suggest anywhere we can try to get the word around please reply to this message or ring 07525665235.
- Hi i am looking for a two bedroom property in Skipton/craven district, with a garedn to rent looking to pay approx £450.00 pkm. i am a reliable trustworthy female and will be moving in with my 4 year old daughter.I work as a gardener and can provide references and can pay the bond and 1st months rent immediately.
- 28yr old clean & tidy female looking to rent a room in nice house. Only looking for Temporary agreement, poss 3 months. i work full time & can supply refs.
- Why is there a Skipton web and not a Keighley web.
- Theres been a murder.
- Come on, make the effort, cast your eyes to the bit of writing below "submit new topic" click on it and enter the brave new world.
Come on in the water's lovely!
Edith Clampton (Mrs)
- Illinois University Shooting: why is it that these deranged killers can't just kill themselves without killing others first;or do they do it to,in some way to justify having to kill themselves;any psychiatrists out there?
- Can anyone recommend Electric guitar starter packs? I have been looking at the Ibanez GXR70 jumpstart pack and the Fender Squier pack. Just wondered if anyone on here had bought either of them and could let me know if they are any good? Or if buying seperate guitar and amp is a better idea.
- For sale
640MB XFX Geforce 8800 GTS. 4 Month old. £150 ONO
Creative 7.1 surround sound with subwoofer £30.00 ONO
22" widescreen Asus TFT PC Monitor £150.00 ONO
Asus M2N32 SLI Motherboard £50.00 ONO
Email me if you have any questions regarding the above
- does anybody know first hand (or second !) how people are coping with childcare since the abrupt closure of a local nursery ??
- The Skipton Comedy Club is great!! Anyone else been?
The Next one is next Thursday the 21st Feb!
Steve Shanyaski -
"Like a mixture between Eddie Izzard and Peter Kay... with a guitar."
- Stockport Express
"If you imagine the late Ian Curtis had chosen to do stand-up (rather than join Joy Division) that should give you an idea of Bland's appeal" - bbc.co.uk
"Razor sharp humour" - Metro
Plus compare: Chris Brooker
"Very funny... Very quick... On the spot humour." BBC.co.uk
Thursday 21st Feburary 2008
Skipton Town Hall, High Street, Skipton
DOORS - 7.30. First Act on at 8.00 - Admission £5
- Mills 'to quit UK after divorce' ....about time she left these shore's , i for one will not be sad to see her crawl back under her stone.
- Gave a cheque to pay for repairs to motor scooter to garage. Cheque for less than £89, they asked for guarantee card to cover (card good for up to £100), but rather than just check the cards value, then write the number on the back of cheque (as usually happens) he took cheque into back of reception (where he could not be seen) then re emerged and handed my card back. When I asked him what he just did with it he said he'd scanned it. My questions are, 1. Do they need to scan it? It's not a credit card and 2. Why do it covertly, all others have scanners 'front of house' where the customer can see what's happening...what does anyone else think?
- Eamonn Holmes...Good tv presenter OR 'I Love Me' big head?...you decide!
- Skipton Petrol Prices.
At 103.9p Morrisons is now 4p a litre more expensive than their store on Manchester Road in Bradford. Skipton Tesco is the same price as Skipton Morrisons. Hmmmmmm!!
- Has anyone heard in the news with regards the propsed green paper on cutting illegal downloaders from their Internet Providers?
The states say that in a year 6 million people download illegally in the UK, and it costs the industrys involved an estimated 3 million a year in lost revenue. Call me silly, but if these 6 million people continue doing it and they all get cut off, then surely that will cost the providers alot more then 3 million? Even if only 10 percent get barred then that will cost more.
Does anyone else think this is silly?
- When do the clocks go back?
- Wanted. Knife throwers assistant.
Contact Billy Smart's Circus
- Anybody fancy telling a story? I need cheering up! The only rules are for you to use only four words each please.
I'll start with....
Once upon a time
- Is anyone, or does anyone know someone who is selling a VW Golf? Up to about 6 years old with low mileage. Could you let me know if you are because I would like to buy one.
- sorry for being an utter wally...but how do i put a web link into my posting or response? i'm a great believer in "if you don't ask, you never learn"
- am after someone who does checker plating for the bed of a pickup....any ideas?
- did anyone watch the chubby brown documentary last week? if so what did you think?
real "funny" man or a spokesperson for our working class?
- What would happen if everyone in the country quit their jobs to claim benefits?
- I have heard a rumour that Stainton are to erect a statue to honour F Trueman . Does anyone know if there is any truth in this seeing as Skipton are to have a statue ? Eddy
- I need a decorator. Does anyone have any recommendations because word of mouth is always more preferable to finding unknowns in the yellow pages.
- Greetings from North Carolina, USA! I'm trying to find information on my my ancestral grandmother Alice Chapman Brown b. 07 Jul 1810 in Skipton and believed to have been buried in Skipton July-Sept 1839. And her father, Christopher Chapman b. ca 1775 and died in Skipton Oct-Dec 1857.
I am not familiar with the cemeteries in Skipton or who to contact to find where they are buried.
Many thanks to you all for having this message board!!!
- shopping at morrisons
- Orange sheep...
You know when you leave Skipton past Morrisons, then before you get to the A59, there are sheep on the right hand side. They always seem to be coloured. I thought at first they had been 'dipped' to prevent fly strike, but weeks and now months on, they are STILL coloured - and recently they are brighter orange than ever!
Can anyone explain?
- I was going to Keighley this morning on the bus and as we drove past the old folks home at Snaegill, I saw a shrouded body being transferred on a trolley to the back of a hearse!
How horrible, you'd think they would have a bit more discretion and taste and at least make an effort to disguise what they are up to.
It got me to thinking, how do we know what happens to bodies that are not claimed?
Do they end up in pies?
- Vivarium for sale. 4ft x 15in x 15in. Dark oak colour with sliding glass doors at the front. Includes heatmat, uv striplight and starter motor and spotlamp holder. Bargain at £100 the lot. Please reply to [Email link]
- This goes out to the cruel person who stole my mountain bike! You didn't need to spent 20 minutes cutting through the chain, I left the lock open!
- Does anyone have the contact details of a really mediocre plumber who has a Welsh corgi?
- What do you call a pie on the town hall clock?
Summat ta eight
- Can anybody tell me where I can hire marquee drapes to decorate a village hall with for my wedding? I have tried Skipton Hire Centre but they don't offer this service and have scoured the internet for local companies. Any ideas? Thanks!
- single 24 year old lad from near skipton, looking for other local single females to get to know and date. Email me or add me for a chat.
- Hi I am a window cleaner. Does anyone know where Bradley lives please?
- ok - who nicked the key from the Swan pub in Carleton? is it on ebay?
- whats this new boat arriving in Skipton? in craven herald? Interesting
- sharia law inevitable in UK?
What do you think?
- Dr Williams - The Archbishop of Canterbury......
......who will rid us of this meddlesome priest?
- Musicians needed!
Bass player, keyboard, and vocalist required for covers band. Local gigs, approx' once a month, must be able to play well, and learn material quickly.
If you are, or know one of the above please email Phil [Email link]
- Just read a really good article on older males who pray on younger females. It has really enlightens those who feel there is no issue to answer over older men who deliberately target girls and who believe the magic no. 16 defines an adult. Whilst love may be a splendoured thing when 15/16 years old, it loses its glamour when you're still paying the shrink 20 years on!!!
Messages 1 to 50